CLINTON, Miss. — Mississippi College head football coach John Bland and his staff will be releasing the names of the 2016 Signing Class throughout the day on Wednesday, February 3rd.
A “Signing Day” celebration will take place in the “M” Club Room in Alumni Hall on Wednesday night from 6-8pm. Coach Bland will make the official announcement of the class, followed by an in-depth breakdown of each signee from the staff.
The official announcement can be seen on Periscope (MC Athletics), while the in-depth breakdown videos will be uploaded the MC Athletics YouTube page (Click here), is hard not to mention that these videos are recorded with a camera from Tim’s list of 360 cameras, which gives the videos a great quality.
“I’m extremely proud of the staff and the way we have recruited this upcoming class,” said Bland. “We are looking forward to some great news on Wednesday, and I think we are set up to take a huge step forward as a program.”
1. Alex Feazelle
DB | 6’2 | 212 | Diamondhead, Miss. | Hancock HS
– Alex played for head coach Chad Huff at MS Gulf Coast CC and Rocky Gaudin at Hancock High School. He is the son of Shawn and Vickie Feazelle. Alex was a First Team Sun Herald All-South Mississippi selection and a First Team All-Sea Coast Echo performer. In 2015, Feazelle tallied 43 tackles, including 31 solo stops in 11 games. He also forced a fumble and broke up two passes. Alex tallied a season-high six tackles in wins over Northeast MS CC and Itawamba CC. The Bulldogs went 8-3, falling in the second round of the MACJC championship game to eventual national champion, Northwest MS CC.
2. Jahmaad Harrell
LB | 6’2 | 230 | McComb, Miss. | Jones County JC
– Jahmaad played for head coach David Thornton at Jones County JC and Malcolm Jones at McComb High School. He is the son of Mary and J. Lee Harrell. Jahmaad was a two-time All-State performer at McComb. In 2015, Harrell tallied 60 tackles, including 42 solo stops in nine games. He tallied three tackles for loss with a forced fumble and a pass breakup. Jahmaad recorded a season-high 13 tackles in the season finale against Copiah-Lincoln CC. He also posted double-figure tackles with 11 against East Central CC.
3. Brandon Windham
OL | 6’2 | 295 | Meridian, Miss. | Itawamba CC
– Brandon played for head coach Sean Cannon at Itawamba CC and Curt Blackburn at Northeast Lauderdale High School. He is the son of Stacey McDonald. In 2015, Windham anchored an offensive line that helped the Indians finish with the 19th-best offense in the nation, posting 4,155 total yards of offense. They rushed for 1,879 yards and passed for 2,276 yards.
FEBRUARY SIGNEES (As of 3:15 p.m. on February 3rd)
1. Courtney Allen
LB | 5’11 | 215 | Opelika, Ala. | Opelika HS | HUDL Highlights
– Courtney played for head coach Brian Blackmon at Opelika High School. He is the son of Saleem and Cynthia Walton. In 2015, Allen was named to the All-Area First Team.
2. Kalvin Bowman
DL | 6’0 | 290 | West Monroe, La. | West Monroe HS
– Kalvin played for head coach Jerry Arledge at West Monroe High School in Louisiana. He is the son of Kalvin and Marquita Bowman. Kalvin was a First Team All-District and Honorable Mention All-State selection for the national powerhouse.
3. Steven Bradley
DB | 6’1 | 195 | Olive Branch, Miss. | Northwest Mississippi CC | HUDL Highlights
– Steven played for head coach Jack Wright at Northwest Mississippi CC and head coach Matt Wallace at DeSoto Central High School. He is the son of Vanessa and Steven Bradley. Steven helped lead the Rangers to the 2015 NJCAA national championship and the MACJC state championship. He was named to the MACJC All-State First Team in 2015.
4. Julian Charles
DB | 6’1 | 190 | Shreveport, La. | Captain Shreve HS | HUDL Highlights
– Julian played for head coach Bryant Sepulvado at Captain Shreve High School. He is the son of Pamela Charles. Julian was an All-District and All-City performer, while also earning Defensive Player of the Week honors. He was also an LHSAA All-Star selection.
5. Cooper Chavis
DL | 5’11 | 190 | Grenada, Miss. | Grenada HS | HUDL Highlights
– Cooper played for head coach Ashley Kuhn at Grenada High School. He is the son of Timothy and Lori Chavis. Cooper was a First Team All-Region selection in 2015 after leading the region with 16 sacks. He led the Chargers to the Region 2 district championship and was named the Grenada Star Player of the Week.
6. Drew Croegaert
RB | 5’11 | 185 | Lakeland, Tenn. | Evangelical Christian School | HUDL Highlights
– Drew played for coach Alan Durham at Evangelical Christian School in Memphis. He is the son of Darrin and Amy Croegaert. Drew was a two-time All-District selection at running back and was named to the Commerical Appeal “Best of the Preps” as a senior. He was also selected to play in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl All-Star Game. Drew finished his career with the 5th-most rushing yards in school history.
7. Aaron Davis
DB | 5’10 | 170 | Bartlett, Tenn. | Christian Brothers HS | HUDL Highlights
– Aaron played for head coach Thomas McDaniel at Christian Brothers High School in Memphis, Tenn. He is the son of Frizell and Nieka Davis. Aaron was a First Team All-Region selection on defense and played in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl All-Star Game. He helped lead CBHS to a region championship as a team captain.
8. Riley Eagan
RB | 5’11 | 195 | Semmes, Ala. | Mary G. Montgomery HS | HUDL Highlights
– Riley played for head coach Brian Seymore at Mary G. Montgomery High School. He is the son of Rachel Walker and Wade Eagan. Riley was a First Team All-County selection in 2015 and earned Player of the Week honors from 1st & Ten New Horizon and Alabama Gulf Coast.
9. Aaron Feazelle
QB | 6’4 | 230 | Diamondhead, Miss. | Hancock HS | HUDL Highlights
– Aaron played for head coach Rocky Gaudin at Hancock High School in Diamondhead, Miss. He is the son of Shawn and Vickie Feazelle and the brother of mid-year enrollee, Alex. Aaron was named the Hancock HS Max Preps Player of the Year and played in the 2016 Max Emfinger All-American Game. He was also an MHSAA Region 4-6A and Sea-Coast Echo Honorable Mention selection. Aaron earned player of the week honors from the Sun Herald, WLOX and Sea-Coast Echo.
10. Fredarian Flowers
DL | 5’11 | 265 | Merigold, Miss. | Cleveland HS | HUDL Highlights
– Fredarian played for head coach Kelly Causey at Cleveland High School. He is the son of Leuvervia Franklin. Fredarian was an MHSAA 4A Second Team All-State selection. He was also a First Team All-District and All-Area honoree.
11. Dalton Frederick
LB | 6’1 | 245 | Bartlett, Tenn. | Bartlett HS | HUDL Highlights
– Dalton played for head coach Jeff McFerran at Bartlett High School. He is the son of Rick and Christal Frederick. Dalton was a three-time All-District and All-Region selection in each of his three seasons as a starter.
12. Stefan Gant
P | 5’11 | 175 | Winona, Miss. | Winona HS | HUDL Highlights
– Stefan played for head coach Joey Tompkins at Winona High School. He is the son of Alan and Jennifer Gant. Stefan was twice named a First Team All-State punter and was an All-District honoree.
13. Tag Gatlin
OL | 6’2 | 276 | Oxford, Miss. | Oxford HS | HUDL Highlights
– Tag played for head coach Johnny Hill at Oxford High School. He is the son of Heidi and Warren Smith and Guy Gatlin. Tag was twice named to the All-State Team and earned two All-Citizen and All-Area selecitons. He helped lead the Chargers to the 2015 MHSAA 5A State Championship game.
14. Malachi Herron
DB | 5’10 | 170 | Hoover, Ala. | Hoover HS | HUDL Highlights
– Malachi played for head coach Josh Niblett at Hoover High School. He is the son of Rachel Herron. Malachi helped lead the national powerhouse to two state championships in his time with the Bucs. He also is a two-time track & field state champion. He was given the Coach’s Award in track & field in 2014-15.
15. Theron Hodges
DL | 6’3 | 300 | New Orleans, La. | Holmes CC
– Theron played for head coach Jeff Koonz at Holmes Community College and played high school ball at Jim Hill High School. Theron was an Honorable Mention All-State selection, tallying 43 tackles with 7.0 tackles for loss, one sack and two forced fumbles. He chose MC over an offer from Texas Southern University and was a nationally-ranked defensive tackles on Rivals.com.
16. Justin Lawrence
– Justin played for head coach Kirk Copeland at Timberline High School in Boise, Idaho. He is the son of Michael and Felicia Lawrence. Justin was a two-time all-conference selection as a defensive back (junior) and an outside linebacker (senior).
17. Ashanti Malone
DL | 6’3 | 241 | Shreveport, La. | Huntington HS | HUDL Highlights
– Ashanti played for head coach Marvin Harris at Huntington High School in Shreveport, La.
18. Greg Nickles
PK | 6’0 | 185 | Pelahatchie, Miss. | Copiah-Lincoln CC | HUDL Highlights
– Greg played for head coach Glenn Davis at Copiah-Lincoln CC and for head coach Matt Butts at East Rankin Academy. He is the son of Charles and Inca Nickles. Greg was a Second Team All-State selection and a CoSIDA Academic All-American. He was named the MACJC Special Teams Player of the Week five times. Greg was also named the NJCAA National Special Teams Player of the Week two times.
19. Josh Pennebaker
RB | 5’10 | 198 | Calhoun, La. | Ouachita Christian School | HUDL Highlights
– Josh played for head coach Steven Fitzhugh at Ouachita Christian School in Monroe, La. He is the son of Rodney and Dawn Pennebaker. As a senior, Pennebaker was a First Team All-NELA and First Team All-Parish running back. He was also a First Team All-State and All-District seleciton while being named the district Offensive MVP. Josh is OCS’s all-time leader in rushing attempts (486), ranks 2nd in rushing yards (3,513) and rushing touchdowns (50). As a senior, he rushed for 1,902 yards with 24 touchdowns, averaging 172.9 yards per game.
20. Kolby Reynolds
DB | 5’10 | 188 | Calhoun, Ga. | Calhoun HS | HUDL Highlights
– Kolby played for head coach Hal Lamb at Calhoun High School in Georgia. He is the son of Sharon Miller and Kirk Reynolds. Kolby was a First Team All-Region and All-County selection. He also helped lead Calhoun to the Georgia 3A state championship in 2014.
21. Toriaun Sergent
DL | 6’5 | 240 | Shreveport, La. | Green Oaks HS | HUDL Highlights
– Toriaun played for head coach Curtis Evans at Green Oaks High School in Shreveport, La. He is the son of LaToria Sergent and Victor Adams. Toriaun was a two-time All-District 1-3A selection in 2014 and 2015 and was a 2015Shreveport Times All-City selection.
22. Cavosea’a Stinson
WR | 5’9 | 174 | Elba, Ala. | Elba HS | HUDL Highlights
– Cavosea’a played for head coach Ed Rigby at Elba High School. He is the son of Rob Stinson and Arica Caldwell. Cavosea’a was a Second Team All-State selection and helped lead his team to back-to-back state championship appearances, winning the title in 2015. He was also named the Southern Bone & Joint Player of the Week.
23. Jason Trombley
OL | 6’3 | 291 | Long Beach, Miss. | Long Beach HS | HUDL Highlights
– Jason played for coach Forrest Williams at Long Beach High School. He is the son of William Trombley. Jason was a First Team All-Region selection and named to the Coast Top 100. He also earned the Iron Bearcat Award.
24. Elijah Wilson
OL/DL | 5’8 | 250 | Daleville, Ala. | Daleville HS | HUDL Highlights
– Elijah played for head coach Josh Parrish at Daleville High School in Alabama. He is the son of Raquel and David Wilson. Elijah was a two-time team captain at Daleville. He also was a state championship powerlifter in the 242 lb. weight class in 2014.